Sunday mornings are for pancakes. If your family is anything like mine, you like to make a bigger deal out of Sunday breakfast, and enjoy together. It’s one day of the week when we don’t have to rush out the door for school or sports games, so we go big! That usually means pancakes or waffles for my kiddos, but if you’ve got fitness goals, Bisquick probably isn’t on your meal plan. Enter these delicious protein pancakes! I LOVE banana pancakes, and I totally don’t miss the real thing when I have these. Try them and see what you think!
Banana Protein Pancakes
- 2-3 Eggs
- ½ ripe banana
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup rolled oats (optional)
- 1-2 tsp almond butter (for topping, optional)
- Handful berries of choice (for topping, optional)
- Using a fork, mash banana in a small mixing bowl
- Add eggs, and scramble. Add oats, if you choose to use them
- Add vanilla and cinnamon, stir to combine
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, spray lightly with cooking spray
- Spoon batter into heated pan. Don’t make pancakes too large, as they may be harder to flip.
- Cook until well-browned on the bottom and firm enough to flip without falling apart, flip, and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve with drizzle of warm almond butter and berries, or with maple syrup and extra cinnamon.